Followers

Saturday, December 16, 2017

Hero Arts ~ Christmas Village

I love getting My Monthly Hero Kit each month from Hero Arts.  Not only do I get introduced to new products, but it is truly like Christmas every month! I haven't had a chance to play with December's kit, yet, but I made this cute little village scene using November's kit.  I hope you enjoy it :)

What I Used to Make my Card:
White Card Base
Watercolor Paper
My Monthly Hero, October, 2017
Hero Arts Intense Black Ink
Distress Markers
Derwent Inktense Colored Pencils
MISTI
Wink of Stella in Clear
Oxide Inks in Salty Ocean, Seedless Preserves, Broken China and Faded Jeans
Stickles in Christmas Red and Green
White Glitter Paper
Silver Gel Pen
Red Glitter Gel Pen
Dimensional Dots

I began this card by making the sky using the Oxide Inks.  I am stunned every time I use them and they work to give me a beautiful sky! I honestly never thought I could make a scene with a truly amazing sky and I am thrilled I can do it now! 
Some Parts

As the Oxide Ink sky dried, I stamped my images on watercolor paper, using Intense Black ink and my MISTI.  I stamped a few of the images a couple of times so that if I ruined one {or two} with my coloring, or die cutting, I'd have other choices to use.  I used the pencils to do the bulk of the coloring, accenting the images with Stickles, gel pens and Wink of Stella.  

Once everything was dry, colored and cut out, I cut the mountain range out of
Another Look
white glitter cardstock.  I attached that to the sky panel, then placed my buildings, and Mr. & Mrs. Claus, onto the mountain, occasionally using dimensional dots for some of the buildings.  I debated for a while if I should have put something in the sky, a sentiment or something, but then decided to leave it as is.  I'm fairly sure you can tell it is a Christmas Card.


I would love to know if you get the My Monthly Hero Kits, or any subscribed kit for that matter and your opinion of them.  I hope to be able to see some of your creations and if you've made a village scene, please leave me your blog address in the comments so I can go leave you some blogger love.  I hope you & yours are having a healthy, happy and safe holiday season ~ Hugs, Christi

I am entering my Christmas Village card in the following challenges:
A Blog Named Hero - M, Winter Holiday
The Artistic Stamper - M, Christmas
Christmas Cards All Year Round - M, Anything Goes
Die Cut Diva's - M, Winter Cards 
Emerald Creek - M, Happy Holidays
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Christmas/Winter Holidays

6 comments:

  1. Your card is so pretty! I love the background you created for your scene and the sky is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Cathie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous, such a fun winter scene x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, thank you for joining in the challenge on The Artistic Stamper blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the glittery mountain against the beautiful sky. Love all the buildings. Gorgeous card. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely scenic card - that sky is definitely something else! Thank you so much for entering the CCAYR (Anything Goes) Challenge this month. Lots of luck to you and I hope we see you again very soon. Sue Pxxx DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card - love the scene you've created.

    Thanks for joining us at Christmas Cards All Year Round.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)