Followers

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Card Chain Challenge Reveal February 2016

For February's Card Chain Challenge, the lovely Deborah gave us tons of choices, as usual, to make our card for our recipient this month.  This month I chose St. Patrick's Day.  Being Irish, I have always loved this day and can remember more than a few times celebrating like my heritage dictates (hehehe).  I hope you enjoy my card:

Once again I was lucky enough to get Greta as my partner and this is what she sent me:
This picture does not do this beautiful card justice - the white "leaves" around the button are embossed with white, and the roses are also white embossed.  It's a very elegant card.

How I made My Card:
White Card Base
Silhouette Cut File (Shamrocks from Silhouette Store)
Numerous Green Papers
Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels 17
Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous "Simple Sayings", CMS155
Distress ink in Lucky Clover
Pop Dots

Easy peasy card this month - I have a TON going on and unfortunately couldn't really dedicate too much time to the card, but I still think it's cute. I started with a white card base then cut the 2 shapes out of green card using the Spellbinders Dies.  I cut one more die cut out of scrap white card and stamped my sentiment on that part using Simple Sayings (I have to say, this set is one of the best sets I have ever bought!).  I glued the sentiment die cut onto the smaller of the 2 green die cuts, then pop dotted that onto the larger green cut out.  My Silhouette Cameo cut the shamrocks out of glitter paper, and I arranged them on the card.

That's it! It's funny, as much as I love my Cameo, I still find myself using my Big Shot machine as much as I did before I got the Cameo. Of course, one of the best features of having a Cameo is the free files and I have amassed over 2,500 files - thank goodness they are easier to store that the die cuts! But, who knows, when life calms down (sorry, that last line made me hysterical) I'll use it more.  I hope everyone is having a fabulous week & thank you SO much for stopping by! Fondly, Christi

I am entering my Good Luck card in the following challenges:
Artistic Inspirations - Anything Goes
Our Crafty Corner - Anything Goes
Creative Knockouts - #130, Go Green
Southern Girls Challenge - Add a Little Sparkle



9 comments:

  1. I love your good luck card. Green always screams good luck to me. I hope things calm down at least a little for you. Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely monochromatic CAS cards. Thanks for joining us for our 'Sparkles & Shine' challenge #128.
    Alicia (Southern Girls DT)
    MaxiBelle Studio

    ReplyDelete
  3. incredible white and black card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go Irish! This reminds me I forgot to make a Patty day for two of my kids at ND.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great CAS card and love the die-cuts---Thank you for joining us at Our Crafty Corner
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simple and efective!!
    Thank you for joining us at Artistic Inspirations!
    Good Luck and hope to see you again.
    xx Valentina DT team xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card - love the bit of sparkle you've added.

    Thanks for joining us at Artistic Inspirations.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Delighted to be the lucky recipient! Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)