Followers

Monday, September 29, 2014

Autumn or Spring Seasonal Colors at Craft-Room Challenges!

For this fortnight the challenge at Craft-Room Challenges is to use the seasonal colors of Autumn or Spring.  Zoe has provided us with some beautiful inspirational color pallets to use: 
Spring Colors

Autumn Colors
Autumn Card on the left, Spring on the right

In response to this challenge I made 2 cards because I could not decide what colors to use.   First I am going to show you my spring watercolor card.



This is what I used to Make my Spring Watercolor Card:
White Card Base
Penny Black wood mounted rubber stamp, "Rhyme", #2959K
Distress Markers in Dusty Concord,  Faded Jeans and Seedless Preserves
Distress Ink in Milled Lavender
Watercolor paper
Spritzer filled with Water
Remnant Rub, Life Quotes, "hello friend"
Blue & Purple Cardstock
Stipple Brush

No pictures of the process today because it is SO easy.  First you want to pick out a rubber stamp that isn't intricate - the more "block style" the design is the better this will work.  Scribble your markers directly onto the stamp (have your watercolor paper ready and have enough to make at least 2 prints) then lightly spritz the colored stamp with water.  Flip the stamp over quickly (try not to muddy the colors) and stamp and stamp again.  The beauty of this technique is you get a different result each time you use it and it's fun!  I took one of the images I made and trimmed it down, trimmer the blue & purple cardstock to layer the image and then used a Tim Holtz Remnant Rub that says "hello friend" down on the lower corner.  After the card was assembled I felt the white watercolor paper was a bit stark, so I stippled it with Milled Lavender - I think it warmed the card up a bit.



For my Autumn Colors card this is what I used:
Tim Holtz Dried Flower Stamp from Flights of Fancy Set, 
Cream (vanilla) Cardstock
Ranger Adirondack Ink in Caramel, Currant, Terra Cotta & Pesto
Clear fine (detail) Embossing Powder
Ranger Archival Ink in Jet Black
Small Alphabet (sorry I don't who made it)
Distress Ink in Brushed Corduroy 

Embossing Close up
I used a piece of cream cardstock, stamped the Dried Flower in Caramel first and embossed it with the clear powder, the ink is wet so you don't need embossing fluid. Completed the same steps using the Currant, Terra Cotta & Pesto inks.  I stamped thankful, not really worrying about if they were straight. as long as I could tell all the letters were in the same word it worked for me, on a scrap of cream using the Jet Black ink.  I edged the saying with Brushed Corduroy to make it pop a bit.  Glued the Dried Flower quartet onto a moss green card I had then glued the sentiment onto the corner. 

I have to share a short story with you.  I moved a few years back and ended up living in a one room apartment once I got to Colorado.  There was absolutely NO room for any craft stuff.  So my stuff sat in storage for almost 9 months.  Lots of it dried out, but the Adirondack pads stayed juicy.  I did not have to reink a single one!  I find that amazing! Keep in mind, these ink pads are about 13 years old - I got them when I first began stamping - so it wasn't as if they'd never been opened. 


I am trying to get a little clean and simple - I hope you think these cards fit the criteria!  Hope you enjoyed checking out my latest post and you still have 2 weeks to enter the Craft-Room Challenge!  Thank you ~ Christi

I would like to enter my Autumn Colors card in the following challenges:
Again, here is my Autumn Colors Card - the challenges I am entering with my Spring Watercolor Card will follow:
Little Red Wagon - #256, Anything Fall Themed
Red Rubber Inspirationals -  #139, Stay Focused on Stamping, Anything Goes
Addicted to Stamps & More - #114, CAS
Wednesday's Creative Inspirations - #282, Autumn Colors
The House That Stamps Built -  Repeat Impressions DCC924 ~ Fall

Now I would like to enter my Spring Watercolor card in the following challenges:
Treasured Times Rubber Stamp Challenge - #25, Anything Goes
Sister Act Card Challenge - #76, Anything Goes
 Addicted to Stamps & More - #114, CAS

~ Thank you for stopping by!! ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)