Followers

Monday, June 23, 2014

Craft Room Challenge Blog ~ Tattoo and Hand Drawn Challenge!!




I was so thrilled when Zoe asked me if had wanted to be a part of the Craft-Room Challenge Blog Design Team - I had tried out during their last DT Call but narrowly missed being chosen.  Seems that a DT member had to step down, so I stepped up!  Zoe knows I have tattoos and a wild streak, so she felt this challenge was an excellent opportunity for me to start.  A very short bio about me is that I currently live in Colorado, transplanted from the East Coast, with my five cats and partner.  I have been crafting since an early age, but discovered paper crafts in the early 90's.  I love making just about everything and I go where my muse leads me.  I do hope you enjoy my very first project for Craft-RoomChallenge ~


The actual challenge is Tattoos and Hand Drawn.  Tattoos? No problem.  Hand drawn? HUGE shudder.  Anyway, I had gotten this stamp set from Unity Stamp Co.  a few months back because it truly spoke to me and I think the image and sentiments are just SO perfect for so many things.  One of my best Facebook friends, Tara, has her birthday the same day as I do - not only do we share a birthday, but we also share a lot of the same interests, views, friends and attitude.  This was THE perfect chance to break my new set in!


What I Used to Make my Card:
Unity Stamp Co. "Shera" set, UK-682A
White Cardstock
White Square Card Base (5 1/4 x 5 1/4)
Red Cardstock
White Pen
Silhouette Cut Out - Heart
Distress Markers in Black Soot, Festive Berries, Faded Jeans, Barn Door and Squeezed Lemonade
Detail Black Embossing Enamel by Globecraft & Piccolo
Embossing Fluid
Recollections Stamp Set - Mark my Heart
SU! Set, Favorite Greetings, Happy Birthday Stamp
Ranger Archival Ink in Jet Black
Silver Gel Pen
I had already made the flames background - I used:
TCW Flames Stencil (6 x 6)
Fireworks Spray Ink in Tangelo, Lady Bug & Dandelion



For this card, my flames background was already made, if you wish to use the same or similar, make your background first.  Secondly, I stamped my main image in Embossing Fluid and embossed her using Detail Black Embossing Enamel - I am still learning to color using alcohol markers (ok, ok, truth is, I have Copics and Tria Markers, but I haven't really started to learn to color with them) so I opted for regular old Distress Markers to color her in.


Close Up of the Tattoo


I had some over-stamp on my image, but since I knew I was going to fussy cut her, it didn't matter to me.  I colored her and fussy cut her out.  Since this fortnightly challenge is Tattoos, I highlighted her tattoo by coloring the skull on her arm with a silver gel pen.  I cut a heart out using my Silhouette and had wrote her name on it with the White Pen for my "hand drawn" portion of the challenge (yes, I know - I feel like I cheated a wee bit, but one of the reasons I started stamping is because I cannot draw a crooked line). The Happy Birthday sentiment is from an old SU! Set, and the lines can also be colored in, so I did that with the color Festive Berries Marker as well, after I stamped it on some white card using the Jet Black ink.


The interior portion of the card is something I don't normally share, but since I used a tattoo looking stamp from a Recollections set called "Mark My Heart" and the cute saying from the Unity set, I thought I'd share it. I also put the tattoo stamp on her envelope. 


And here is another look at My Happy Birthday Tara card ~


Tara's Birthday Card
Thank you for stopping by! Tara has already received her card and she loved it! There is still tons of time to enter the Craft-Room Challenge "Tattoo & Hand Drawn" ~ Blessings, Christi

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:
Unity Stamp Company Challenge - Inspiration Challenge
Crafting Musketeers Challenge Blog - #14, Stamped Image
Creative Fingers Crafting Challenge - #40, Anything Goes
Sister Act - #62, Anything Goes
A Creative Romance - #26, Anything Goes w/ Option of Happy Birthday
Stampin' for the Weekend - Anything Goes (last challenge)



1 comment:

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)