Followers

Monday, October 7, 2013

Cat in a Pumpkin




Both the sentiment &  the cat rubber stamps are from an old Stampin’ Up! stamp set called “A Haunting we will Go” (which I bought, and keep, due to the cute kitty in the pumpkin).  After stamping the cat & the “Happy Halloween” on scrap white cardstock, using Ranger Archival Ink in Jet Black,  I colored the cat in with my set of old Stampin’ Up! watercolor pencils (remember watercolor pencils? It’s what we used before alcohol ink markers became the rage.  Comparing watercolor pencils to alcohol ink markers is sort of like comparing the old corded, rotary phone in the kitchen compared to the sleek cellular phone that you can use to do almost anything – the old phone still works, but the new phone is so much more fun!) I used a blender pen to blend the pencils a bit.  I used a base made of My Mind’s Eye paper from the “Spooked set”; the actual paper name is “Spooked Star Dots” (unfortunately the paper pack has been discontinued but you can find it online).  I chose this paper due to the fact I think it matches the purple band around the cat’s hat fairly well – I edged the decorative paper with a black Sharpie, cut out a panel of black cardstock & glued the kitty & the sentiment both on the black rectangle & then glued it to the base.  Super easy & lots of fun! I forgot how much fun coloring is – think I need to break out my coloring books and my crayons ~ have a GREAT day & thanks for reading XO



I am entering this card in the following challenges:
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - We're going Dotty
Creative Inspiration Paints - Inspired by Halloween 
Loves Rubber Stamping - Anything Goes
Card Makin Mamas - Halloween  
Animal Friends Challenge - Fall or Halloween
Craft Blogging Central - Halloween
 Try it on Tuesday - Going Dotty

12 comments:

  1. Eine ganz süße Karte. Danke daß du bei den Animal Friends mitmachst.
    LG Dreja

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't speak German but I see "Danke" and I know that means thank you (or something along those lines) so I want to thank you Dreja for taking the time to send me a sweet comment :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, eine wunderschöne Karte hast du gestaltet. Vielen Dank für die Teilnahme an der Animal friends Challenge. Liebe Grüße Silvi

    ReplyDelete
  3. A super Halloween card. Thank you for sharing it with us at TioT's this time.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU TioT for giving me the chance to show it off a bit :)

      Delete
  4. very cute and co-ordinated, know what you mean about the phones! thanks for sharing this with us at TIOT.EE

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet Halloween card!! :) :)
    Thank you for joining us @ Loves Rubberstamps this week for Anything Goes!! :) :)

    I hope you will pop by my blog for your chance at my bi-weekly candy!! There is quite a big prize pack this week!! :) :) ~Nicole~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Deine Karte ist richtig toll geworden. Ich bin richtig begeistert und das Motiv ist sooo süß
    Hab herzlichen Dank für Deine Teilnahme bei den Animal Friends
    GLG Tamesis

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card Christi, super cute image & fab papers.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so adorable. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks is great, Christi! I love the cute image. Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspiration Paints Challenge. Julie, CIP DT member
    http://muddypawsinkyfingers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)